Perth Writers Week 2018 is happening from 19th-25th February. It’s a challenge choosing from a jam-packed program! Here are some sessions that have caught my attention from the amazing selection.
Saturday 24th February
- Louise Allan talking about her debut novel, The Sisters’ Song at 9.30am
- Vasalisa the Wise and other Brave Young Women with author Kate Forsyth and illustrator Lorena Carrington at 10.30am
- The Water Bearer with Tracy Ryan at 1.00pm
- Poetry Land with Renee Schipp-Pettit and others at 4.00pm
- Secrets Between Friends with Fiona Palmer at 5.00pm
Sunday 25th February
- Listening to Rachael Johns, Fleur McDonald and Fiona Palmer as they talk to Ara Jansen at 9.30am.
- A Story Land session about Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales with Josie Boyle, Kate Forsyth, Lorena Carrington, Richard Fidler and Kári Gíslason at 10.30am.
- Hearing about Fleur McDonald’s new novel, Suddenly One Summer as she talks with author Tess Woods at 2pm.
- Joining Natasha Lester over High Tea as she talks about her latest novel, The Paris Seamstress at 3.30pm.
- Learning about writing memoir in The Examined Life with memoirists Caroline Baum, Steve Bisley and Sisonke Msimang as they talk to author Tess Woods at 5.30pm
There’s an amazing range of high ticket events with opportunities for
- Breakfast with Miles Franklin winners on the 24th and AC Grayling on Sunday 25th
- Lunch with Alan Hollinghurst on Saturday 24th and Di Morrisey on Sunday 25th
- High Tea with Lydia Edwards and Natasha Lester on 24th and 25th.
As well, there are many free events too numerous to mention to meet the interests of poets, authors and readers alike.
The program is a credit to all who took part in organising Perth Writers Week 2018.